Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Let down!

Okay that problem with huge anticipation is the huge let down when it turns out badly. First, I got out late but I'm used to that so not that bad. The purpose of my trip to town was to find scrubs for my new job. I went to two places, which shall remain nameless, and apparently all fashion sense must be left outside as soon as you walk in to a uniform store. I was sooo sad. I see all these cute little nurses on TV and I got to the store and all the shirts look like hideous old vinyl tablecloths. On top of that they are so boxy. So much for all the dieting I keep doing. There's no shape to them. OH! And I didn't even tell you that in order to look like a nice strip of really loud, multicolored, 30 year old wallpaper, it's gonna cost ya 60 bucks!!! I told Dalen I need to design a line of nusring scrubs. But, the kids were really good, so I took them ice cream and the day ended on a high note.
Boot Camp started again for Dalen and I. We really like doing the class together. We are a little competitive. : ) We had three weeks off at Christmas and of course I didn't exercise at all. So now, 24 hours after the first class, I can't raise my arms above my head, cross my arms, or feel my shoulders in general. If I laugh or sneeze my stomach will split into two pieces. But I love it and I'll go back on Friday!
I'm making Dalen go with me to look at more scrubs over the weekend. Pray for him!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Carey~
    Just thought I would try to help with your scrub dilemma. I buy mine at Linda's Scrub shop at Central and West Street. It's on the north side of central just west of West Street. It's kinda hard to find but there's a sign in front of the strip mall that says "caskets" that's pretty easy to see! :) Anyway, she seems to have a lot of selection (although I only shop for maroon scrubs...gotta love Wesley!) and I've seen some pretty cute ones that I was a little jealous of in there. I've also been to Life Uniform (there's one by St Joe and one in Towne West but haven't ever had much luck there). Hope you can find some cute ones....I know there are some brands (Dickies I know for sure) who make "junior" fit so they're not so...well...shaped for a man. Good luck!
    Stacia

    ReplyDelete